Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #121  
Old 10-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Gandalf's Avatar
Gandalf Gandalf is offline
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
SOA
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 31,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunken Actuary View Post
So why do I have a 3.14 pin? I'm pretty sure I had a 5 year pin last week and just assumed it was bestowed early. But now it's 3.14 and Gandalf has nothing and we joined the same month.
It's a good thing I have a 3.14 pin now or I would be calling my lawyer.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 10-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Lucy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Where does that AO Lawyer go when we need him, anyhow?
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 10-02-2006, 09:09 PM
RF Lawyer RF Lawyer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
Where does that AO Lawyer go when we need him, anyhow?
What do you need?
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 10-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Gandalf's Avatar
Gandalf Gandalf is offline
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
SOA
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 31,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF Lawyer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
Where does that AO Lawyer go when we need him, anyhow?
What do you need?
She is entitled to a 5 year pin (since Tom said he's going by month), and she only has a pi pin.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 10-02-2006, 10:35 PM
RF Lawyer RF Lawyer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 58
Default

Are you retaining my services? If so I'll need to see the contract stipulations regarding these "member pins" to review. I can get us a court date tomorrow at noon but I'll need the contracts to review by 11:45 or so at the latest. Well, I've got a busy morning so make that 11:45 at the earliest. But no later than 11:55. I do my best work under pressure so I feel good about this.

Also, if you have any witnesses with respect to promises made or services rendered reagarding these so called 'member pins' that could help our cause. I'm not sure who's on the bench but I know there's an opening because a colleague of mine just settled and he was on the docket for noon tomorrow.

So if you'll just forward any and all documents that may or may not be part and parcel to our case by 11:55 tomorrow I think we can seek a ruling at noon.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 10-03-2006, 07:58 AM
JMO's Avatar
JMO JMO is offline
Carol Marler
Non-Actuary
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back home again in Indiana
Studying for Nothing actuarial.
Posts: 37,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF Lawyer View Post
Are you retaining my services? If so I'll need to see the contract stipulations regarding these "member pins" to review. I can get us a court date tomorrow at noon but I'll need the contracts to review by 11:45 or so at the latest. Well, I've got a busy morning so make that 11:45 at the earliest. But no later than 11:55. I do my best work under pressure so I feel good about this.

Also, if you have any witnesses with respect to promises made or services rendered reagarding these so called 'member pins' that could help our cause. I'm not sure who's on the bench but I know there's an opening because a colleague of mine just settled and he was on the docket for noon tomorrow.

So if you'll just forward any and all documents that may or may not be part and parcel to our case by 11:55 tomorrow I think we can seek a ruling at noon.

Have you tried the seach function, Drunken Lawyer? Just askin'
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 10-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Lucy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF Lawyer View Post

What do you need?
She is entitled to a 5 year pin (since Tom said he's going by month), and she only has a pi pin.
Actually, I think the pi pin is sort of cool, and I'm happy to keep it. I was just looking out for my buddy TDA, who is looking for his 5 year pin.

Edited to add: Oops - I see I now have a 5 year pin. That's cool, too.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 10-03-2006, 01:20 PM
frummie's Avatar
frummie frummie is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: L. A.
Studying for All Done
College: UCLA, CSUN Alum
Favorite beer: Shiner Bock, Black Voodoo
Posts: 15,444
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Almost there. I joined November 2001, but I don't know how to find the exact date.
__________________
Check out the AO games of prognosticating skills; cheer on your favorite predictors in the The Rebel Forum 2019 Celebrity Death Pool and the Predict the SNL Hosts Game - Season 45 !


Sharpen your comedic skills in the Captions - New Picture Every Day! thread, > 80,000 posts & 7 million views & owner of the 8 millionth AO post!
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 10-03-2006, 01:26 PM
JMO's Avatar
JMO JMO is offline
Carol Marler
Non-Actuary
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back home again in Indiana
Studying for Nothing actuarial.
Posts: 37,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frummie View Post
Almost there. I joined November 2001, but I don't know how to find the exact date.
Click on your name at the top of your post, and select View Public Profile.
__________________
Carol Marler, "Just My Opinion"

Pluto is no longer a planet and I am no longer an actuary. Please take my opinions as non-actuarial.


My latest favorite quotes, updated Nov. 20, 2018.

Spoiler:
I should keep these four permanently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekrap View Post
JMO is right
Quote:
Originally Posted by campbell View Post
I agree with JMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westley View Post
And def agree w/ JMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG View Post
This. And everything else JMO wrote.
And this all purpose permanent quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr T Non-Fan View Post
Yup, it is always someone else's fault.
MORE:
All purpose response for careers forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorNo View Post
Depends upon the employer and the situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Actuario View Post
Therapists should ask the right questions, not give the right answers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sredni Vashtar View Post
I feel like ERM is 90% buzzwords, and that the underlying agenda is to make sure at least one of your Corporate Officers is not dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 10-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Avi's Avatar
Avi Avi is offline
Wiki Contributor
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
CAS AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NY
Studying for the rest of my life.
College: Alumnus - Queens College - CUNY
Favorite beer: Stone Ruination IPA
Posts: 14,212
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Also, Hey all you Site Supporters out there! I bumped yours up to 100px X 100px while I was at it
Sweet, I didn't notice this until now. Bandwitdth stealing whatever, here I come
__________________
All scientists defer only to physicists
Physicists defer only to mathematicians
Mathematicians defer only to G-d!

--with apologies to Dr. Leon Lederman

Last edited by Avi; 10-04-2006 at 09:07 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.43059 seconds with 10 queries