Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson Global Actuarial & Analytics Recruitment
Download our Actuarial Salary Survey
now with state-by-state salary information!

Old 06-04-2012, 02:35 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: whatever is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeitra View Post
so i hit 60, is there like a congrats for not getting XP buff related to gold drop and magic find? I started to get a stacking buff for killing elite mobs, and i thought i hit like a special combination of abilities taht makes the world spin in favor.
That's just the way it is. You get a stack of nephalom valor (+15% GF/MF) for each pack u kill if its within 30 minutes of your last kill (max 5). You can not change skills or the valor goes away.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:53 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosuruss View Post
that's pretty impressive..

i bought a weapon for 100k (1167 DPS, +67% crit dmg, open socket). a 1170 DPS blue goes for like 200-250K and the one i bought does like 17% more damage than the blue (i socketed it with a really good emerald increasing crit dmg). I'm guessing i could get close to a million for it. Oh yeah, zero legendaries so far. I think i'm just unlucky.

In any case, I think buying and selling on AH is the best way to make gold. I probably did 10 butcher runs or so and i did find maybe one really good piece of bracers (150 int, 75 vit, 56 all resist) which could fetch me probably 500k, but its been mostly trash.

This just in, A3 inferno is really hard. They just have retarded amounts of life that it results in me just kiting all over the place.
Wow, 100k for that? Those are definitely selling for more than 1M.

I bought my weapon for 200k; only 660 dps IIRC, but 238 str, 138 vit, 99% crit dmg.

I have a table at home that I developed that gives me a quick guideline as to how to value different stats. Based on my charts, my weapon is the equivalent of an ~820 dps weapon with 138 vit. If I equate life and dps, then I'd need a ~900 dps to match it's value.

Quote:
Man, it is getting tough to shop without spending a couple mil. In terms of DPS, the following are equivalents (~11% increase in net DPS) for me:

150 Strength
15% Attack Speed
5% Crit Chance
100% Crit Dmg
60 damage

So those 70 strength, 15% attack speed rings I bought for 10k or so just are really hard to beat.

And on net life, the following are equivalent (also ~11% increase):

100 vit
15% life
835 armor
62 all resist
Old 06-04-2012, 02:59 PM
SOA

I heard that patch 1.03 is supposed to help balance out the current melee/ranged imbalance (melee gets pwned in A3/A4 without 50M+ gear; ranged can stack up the dps so they can farm A4 if they're willing to be glass cannons).
Old 06-04-2012, 03:00 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirVLCIV View Post
I have a table at home that I developed that gives me a quick guideline as to how to value different stats:
So crit damage is pretty easy to value and all of those stats vary based off of what your other values are. If you increase crit damage by 100% when you have 17% crit, then you will do 17% more damage. Attack speed is definitely one of the strongest stats to stack. The good rares are too expensive though, and I prefer having some all resist and vitality on some of my pieces as well. Finding a level 60 amulet or a ring with attack speed and 2 of the following int, all resist, vitality is almost impossible at a reasonable price. So i have like an amulet that is +70 int, +70 vit, +4.5% crit, +45% crit damage, +20 all resist. The pure intel/atk speed will stack damage better but so much of inferno is more about staying alive in my opinion.

Also, when you have a bunch of +crit damage items, % crit becomes way more valuable. % crit sucks early in the game because crits only do 1.5x. With some +crit dmg items, my crits do 3x, so crit is 4x as valuable as it used to be for me.

What you can find for cheap is attack speed gloves. Keep searching the AH and you can find some monster gloves.. I have like +70 int +50 vit +15% atk speed +8% crit +15 or 20 all resist and I got them under 100k. They are of course worth more, but these are consistently underpriced by people. If you don't have attack speed on your gloves, you're doing it wrong IMO.

I'm going to invest in some more movement speed items.. i currently have those low level legendary bracers with 7% (which unfortunately means I can't wear those really good bracers I found for some packs), and boots with 12%. I think I need to max it out with either a legendary ring or legs.

Last edited by gosuruss; 06-04-2012 at 03:04 PM..
Old 06-04-2012, 03:00 PM
SOA

Obviously, the early adopters got to find all the A4 exploits and farm the super-top gear before everything got hot-fixed, lol.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:02 PM
SOA

Quote:
So crit damage is pretty easy to value. If you increase crit damage by 100% when you have 17% crit, then you will do 17% more damage. Attack speed is definitely one of the strongest stats to stack. The good rares are too expensive though, and I prefer having some all resist and vitality on some of my pieces as well. Finding a level 60 amulet or a ring with 3 of the following int, attack speed, all resist, vitality is almost impossible at a reasonable price. So i have like an amulet that is +70 int, +70 vit, +4.5% crit, +45% crit damage, +20 all resist. The pure intel/atk speed will stack damage better but so much of inferno is more about staying alive in my opinion.

What you can find for cheap is attack speed gloves. Keep searching the AH and you can find some monster gloves.. I have like +70 int +50 vit +15% atk speed +8% crit +15 or 20 all resist and I got them under 100k. If you don't have attack speed on your gloves, you're doing it wrong IMO.

I'm going to invest in some more movement speed items.. i currently have those low level legendary bracers with 7% (which unfortunately means I can't wear those really good bracers I found for some packs), and boots with 12%. I think I need to max it out with either a legendary ring or legs.
My amulet is a pure vitality/life amulet. 38 int, 233 vit, 11% life, 36 phys resist, 4% melee reduction. Singlehandedly buffs my pre-amulet life by 50%.

Gloves do have attack speed with 70 str and 70 vit.

Last edited by SirVLCIV; 06-04-2012 at 03:06 PM..
Old 06-04-2012, 03:04 PM
SOA

IIRC, my barbarian is up to 800k net life (life divided by resistances) and 22k dps (with standard buffs active).
Old 06-04-2012, 03:05 PM
SOA

have you ventured into A2 yet?
Old 06-04-2012, 03:06 PM
SOA

Quote:
have you ventured into A2 yet?
Nope, mid-A1. Spent some time on new characters.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:08 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirVLCIV View Post
Nope, mid-A1. Spent some time on new characters.
If you wanna do some butcher runs this week w/ me, they aren't too bad. Add me archaen#1881.