Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Careers - Employment
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 11-17-2018, 01:30 AM
CAS

College: Jamba Juice University
Favorite beer: AO Amber Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshChicago View Post
Here's some attention. I hope you like it.
Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigmeister General View Post
Don't you even think about sending me your resume. I'll turn it into an origami boulder and return it to you.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:30 AM
CAS

College: Jamba Juice University
Favorite beer: AO Amber Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbell View Post
you're still pretty
Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigmeister General View Post
Don't you even think about sending me your resume. I'll turn it into an origami boulder and return it to you.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:36 AM
CAS

RN
Old 11-17-2018, 01:41 PM
CAS AAA

Studying for years

Odds she's reading this thread?

I think I know who it is, never worked with her but not sure who else it could be
Taylor originally called his product "Taylor's Prepared Ham", but was forced to change the name after it failed to meet the new legal definition of "ham" established by the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:01 PM
CAS

Never went through with applying for a position with her, but I like her.

I think the problem is that her personality will be hit or miss with people, so she could rub certain employers the wrong way, limiting who she has good connections with.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:10 AM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonactuarialactuary View Post
True, but I've generally found that professional relationships work a lot better if I'm able to open up on a personal level. This recruiter might work a little harder for OP if she sees him as a person rather than just random candidate #1234. I've been on projects where I felt like I could call my coworkers friends, and I've also been on projects where we stuck to just the professional stuff. The former situation is a lot better. Then again, I'm pretty open with my personal life at work. Not much to hide. I can't see any downside in a recruiter knowing that my wife works in HR/Finance at a small company, but I suppose I might be more private about it if she worked as a stripper or something.

I think I have an idea on who the recruiter is too. I've never worked with her, but I've heard stories, if it's the same person I'm thinking of.
I am not saying anything about being open to sharing personal information or anything remotely related to being friends or not with coworkers. I am not sure where that piece came from.

I am saying that if a recruiter asks personal questions because they have not asked me a direct question or they think they understand what I want more than me AND they adjust how they represent me because they "know" I don't really want X or won't do Y based on their "experience" with other people, I don't want that person representing me. I want someone who is going to present me with position based on the criteria I've laid out, or at a minimum someone who will try to convince me I don't really want X.

I should also say, I have no clue who the OP is referring to so my comments are purely general in nature and are not based on a specific individual.
Usually while I'm reading, I'm actually thinking about...midgets riding toy horses - Roto

Old 11-19-2018, 12:21 AM

Favorite beer: The kind with 2 e's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westley View Post
I assumed I knew who you meant when you said “rude” but I wasn’t sure. The late night stuff is v weird and seemed to confirm it to those that know her.
I don't use the word rude for her. pushy. aggressive. but I understand how some get to that as rude (I don't). long story short...the window of guesses here was very narrow. I don't have a second guess.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:47 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximally Qualified View Post
Odds she's reading this thread?

I think I know who it is, never worked with her but not sure who else it could be
I haven't heard from her in over a week despite sending her a couple emails, so probably high. Is that unprofessional on my part or her part?
Old 11-20-2018, 03:06 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelian Grape View Post
She has a very bad reputation with a lot of people. I know for a fact my employer will never ever work with her.
I don't know if that is true AG.

I read the first line of this post and knew exactly what the post was about.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:06 PM
CAS

maybe she saw this thread and thought "screw you"